Sunday, October 29, 2023

Chess Film Introduction

 Chess Film Introduction

My AICE Media Studies class is going to start our first ever productions in the form of chess films. We must use the game of chess in a meaningful way in a one-minute film with a beginning, middle, and end, and has no dialogue. My class was split into 6 groups of 4 students. 



We first began by assigning the roles of director, editor, sound designer, and cinematographer. We had someone who wanted to be the Director straight away and gave valid reasons as to why. I then volunteered to be the editor as I make sure to always make deadlines and I wanted to see if the role felt right for me for the final production. We had two roles left but had a missing member. The director then got into immediate contact with the missing member to get their input on what they wanted to be, and we got to properly assign the final two roles. We then quickly brainstormed possible ideas we had before the day was over.



I learned that communication is key to creating a film. My group had a missing member, but we were still able to assign everyone to a role and come up with ideas by communicating in person and through text. We were able to rationalize the role we wanted by making sure everyone knew why it would fit them the best. Also expressing ideas that came to our head helped inspire others to think a certain way or share their own ideas. It helped with building a sense of direction for the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production Portfolio: The Final Cut