Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Introduction to Me

 HELLO WORLD!

I go by J. Bot and this is my blog. 

I am a Junior in high school who has enrolled in the AICE Media Studies course.

I am taking my first steps into the world of film through the AICE Media Studies course and will be discussing the world of media and media production. I've always loved storytelling and how it works in tv shows, movies and literature. I have a love for comics and novels, video games, music, and, I think most importantly, film. I enjoy playing fighting games or beat 'em ups and also RPGs. My favorite artist include MF DOOM, Tyler, The Creator, Mac Miller, and various others. I love swimming as I find it clam and relaxing and so I always enjoy going to the pool and the beach occasionally.   Growing up, I was always enamored by the world of superheroes and comic books. So, the earliest forms of media centered around superheroes. This included animated tv shows, books, and most importantly, movies.


Characters that I thought I could previously only find in a book were brought to life before my eyes. It was like magic. Movies were like their own form of magic. I then realized movies were a creative outlet that allowed for anything to be possible. They transported you to a different world, almost like a alternate dimension, and evoke feelings and emotions in you that you may of not thought you would have felt. In school you learn about storytelling, genres, themes, and the different conventions of text and film is able to convey all these things without saying a word sometimes. 

My favorite types of stories have always been coming of age stories. I've always loved seeing how a character can grow in an organic and fluid way and what events the story throws at them in order for them to do so. My favorite coming of age film will always be the Karate Kid. The protagonist is in a completely new environment, relationships are complex and not just the common tropes that they appear to be on the surface level. I believe it does everything right in what it is trying to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production Portfolio: The Final Cut